360 Leadership Surveys
A 360-degree feedback survey, also known as multi-rater feedback, multisource feedback, or multisource assessment, is feedback that comes from all around an employee. “360” refers to the 360 degrees in a circle, with an individual figuratively in the center of the circle. Feedback is provided by subordinates, peers, and supervisors. It also includes a self-assessment and, in some cases, feedback from external sources such as customers and suppliers or other interested stakeholders. The results from 360-degree feedback are used by the person receiving the feedback to plan development and performance improvement.
360 Assessment Feedback Process
The 360 Process can be one of the most beneficial activities a leader can do. As people move higher up the chain of command they tend to receive less and less feedback. The 360 Assessment boosts this necessity to get well rounded feedback. Benefits from the 360 process include:
- Taking the feedback and using to improve performance
- Improving trust and bonding between participant and respondents
- Create a culture where feedback can flow freely even without a 360 Assessment.
Imperatives of Effective 360 Assessment Initiatives-Participant
- Prepare mind and heart of participants to receive feedback
- Explain difference between perception and reality and the impact
- Develop clear and actionable plan in response to feedback
- Communication approach developed for participant
- Follow-through and future 360 measurements